Prettier and highlighted with PrismLive examples right in the browserPage content is prettily styled by BulmaComing soon Mobile friendly navigationComing soon Offline browsingComing soon Dark theme
If you find any bugs or want to make feature suggestions, head over to the GitHub Issues. Pull requests are welcome as well. Thanks!
Your logo here?
The first jQAPI came to be in 2010, heavily inspired by the similar RailsAPI (now defunct), a alternative interface to browse the Ruby on Rails Documentation. The very first version was hacked together in a weekend, and since people were really digging it, a more stable version followed quickly.
In 2013 I revamped jQAPI once again, and it has been online ever since. These fine folks supported the development back then via crowdfunding:
Joseph Huckaby, Rory Craig-Barnes, Nathan Perkins, Tobias Otte, Alan Faubert, Alex Kulikov, Dana Woodman, Roman Amir Shamsuddin, David Corbacho, Josh Pangell, Andrew Hahn, Yoren Chang, codeworxx, Steven Olsen, Brock Adams, Simen Svale, Skogsrud Mironov, Mikhail Geoffrey, Doret Johan Hermansson, and Tim Osborn
Starting 2023, the site went down for a period of time, due to hosting migration. People started messaging me what's up, and how they could help to bring it back online. Inspired by the fact that people still use a project that I started 13 years ago, I coded the next version of jQAPI, the one you see here. I hope you like it!
Follow @jQAPI for updates.
- 2023-01-23 Released jQAPI V3, complete rewrite based on Astro.
- 2014-02-11 Updated documentation. TODAY IS THE DAY WE FIGHT BACK AGAINST MASS SURVEILLANCE.
- 2013-07-09 Docs generation fixed. (By John Foley) - Updated documentation.
- 2013-03-19 XML parsing fixed. (By Ilan Frumer) - Updated documentation.
- 2013-01-21 jQAPI is again available as stand alone AIR app.
- 2013-01-21 Don't set focus on search field on mobile devices if pointer is over the sidebar.
- 2013-01-18 Find best matching entry on search, and put it on first position.
- 2013-01-15 Relative paths so you can store the offline jQAPI in a subfolder. (By Klortho)
- 2013-01-10 Released the revamped and better jQAPI.
- 2011-xx-xx Documentation updating and some bug fixing.
- 2010-03-10 Major code refactoring.
- 2010-01-31 Complete rewrite for the masses.
- 2010-01-29 Released very first version.
Hi! I'm Basti, author of this site. If you are looking for a web developer with 15+ years of experience, holla at me!
Be it the good 'ol jQuery, vanilla JS or modern frameworks like Vue and Svelte, front- or backend, I can help you.
Just write me at firstname.lastname@example.org :)